12/27/2018 - 01/31/2019
To apply, visit: https://thepef.academicworks.com/opportunities/8480
College bound African-American seniors living in Clark County, Nevada, with a minimum unweighted GPA of 2.5, may apply for this scholarship. Student may be a senior at a charter, private, or CCSD high school. One scholarship in the amount of $500 will be awarded. Financial need will be considered. Interviews may be scheduled with the finalists. Verification of college enrollment (class schedule) will be required during the summer before check is mailed to the college. Scholarship funds must be applied toward tuition, fees and other appropriate educational expenses. These funds will be disbursed in equal payments over two semesters.
Supplemental Application Questions:
- Please upload your most current transcript (unofficial).
- Please upload a letter of recommendation (any source other than a peer or relative).
- Please upload a letter of recommendation (a second letter; any source other than a peer or relative).
- Please write a “Financial Need Letter” explaining why you need assistance with your college/school expenses.
- Please describe in 500 words or less how you can be an advocate in promoting the success of African-Americans.